Tails is amnesic. By default it doesn't remember the files that you downloaded after you restart your computer. We enable persistence so that we can keep our wallet files and configuration after a reboot. Your persistent storage is encrypted and is protected by a password. Every time you boot tails you will have to enter this password to unlock your persistent storage. After you unlock your persistent storage Tails creates a special folder located at (/home/amnesia/Persistent). Every file we put in that folder will be stored in the persistent storage.
1. Configure a persistent volume
- Applications -> System Tools -> Configure persistent volume
- Enter a strong password and click Create.
- Scroll down and enable Dotfiles, then click Save
2. Restart Tails
- Don't forget to unlock your persistent storage after the reboot.