Monero CLI is installed by default on Whonix.
1 Open a terminal
2 In the terminal type:
sudo apt-get-update-plus dist-upgrade
Wait for the process to complete, this may take a while.
1 In the terminal type:
cd && echo "monero-wallet-cli --daemon-address mxcd4577fldb3ppzy7obmmhnu3tf57gbcbd4qhwr2kxyjj2qi3dnbfqd.onion:18081" > monero-cli.sh && chmod +x monero-cli.sh
2 Now start the wallet by typing:
1 Type a name for your wallet (e.g. monero, remember this) and hit enter
2 Confirm the creation of a new wallet
Y and hit enter
3 Enter a password and confirm the password
4 Select the desired language for your 25 word seed.
- For English press
1 followed by enter.
- If it gets stuck here for longer than 30 seconds after hitting enter -> the node is down. How to resolve.
5 Write down your 25 word seed and optionally the current block height (You can find this here: moneroblocks.info)
- If you fail to do this and something happens to your Tails install or persistent volume your Monero are gone forever.
- You can use this seed to recover the wallet
- The wallet creation height can be used to restore the wallet from seed faster
6 Don't enable background mining
N and hit enter
7 The wallet will now refresh, this can take a couple minutes.
- If you experience any connectivity issues, please consult the troubleshooting section on changing the remote node
Congratulations, your CLI wallet is now set-up.
1 Open the terminal and type
2 Enter your wallet name and password.
3 Wait for the wallet to refresh