If you experience any issues with this guide please contact me. I'll help you set everything up properly.
Monero GUI is installed by default on Whonix.
1 Open a terminal
2 In the terminal type:
sudo apt-get-update-plus dist-upgrade
Wait for the process to complete, this may take a while.
1 Open the GUI
- Start menu -> Internet -> Monero GUI
2 Set your language, then click continue.
3 Choose 'Advanced mode'
4 Click 'Create a new wallet'
5 Write down your 25 word seed and optionally the current block height (You can find this here: moneroblocks.info)
- If you fail to do this and something happens to your Whonix install your Monero are gone forever.
- You can use this seed to recover your wallet
- The wallet creation height can be used to restore the wallet from the seed faster
- You can change the name of the wallet if you like
6 Enter a password and confirm the password, then click Next.
7 Click 'Connect to a remote node' and fill in remote node details.
- Remote Node Hostname / IP:
Note: the remote node above is operated by sethsimmons.me, feel free to choose a different node from the list of remote nodes.
8 Click 'Open wallet'
Congratulations, your Monero GUI wallet is now set-up.
1 Start menu -> Internet -> Monero GUI